A Modern Day Fairy Tale

Faith. Family. Fiction. Fun.

Top 2 Tuesday: Resolutions Edition!

I am linking up with a wonderful blog, Undomestic Momma, for Top 2 Tuesday, and this weeks theme is:

TOP TWO NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS!!!



Yep, it's that time to start thinking about what I want to accomplish in the new year. Mostly I just hope to get through the year, or more specifically, the final 8 months of this never ending deployment!!! But I'll focus on a few specifics...it will make the time pass faster anyway, if I have something to keep myself busy, right? So, here we go.

1. Redecorate and Organize My House. Okay, maybe the redecorating is too easy- I'm always changing things here and there, but the organizing definitely needs a bit more work. Right now I have two main decorating projects in mind- my guest room and my kitchen. The guest room is mostly a blank slate and I have big plans for it now that it's empty again. I am sure I will post before and after pictures as I go! The kitchen will mostly just be a little rearranging a once again redoing the top of my shelves. I am planning on buying some new mixing bowls and putting the rest of my vintage pyrex that I still currently use up as decor and adding a few vintage cookbooks etc...basically, just give the kitchen more of a vintage look. Hopefully all goes as planned! I am also hoping to reorganize my son's playroom a bit. He has so many trains and tracks...they are hard to keep track of! It might take me all year!

2. Continue to improve in the kitchen. This has been my resolution for the past two years. The first year I didn't know how to cook at all really, but I taught myself and stuck to it and found that I actually enjoyed it. My husband would say I've come a long way. This past year, I have learned even more and started venturing outside of my comfort zone a bit more- homemade bread, desserts from scratch, etc. Like I said, I've come a long way, but there is always room for improvement, right? And so this year I will keep working on it!!

Some other things I'd like to accomplish this year: improve my driving (perhaps this should be on my top 2, I have only started driving again, for the first time in about 4 years, within the last 6 months or so- driving gives me panic attacks so it's been a challenge but I've pushed through and I'm getting there!), find time to do something for myself- whether that means reading a book, starting back on the Wii Fit or doing crafts- just something for me...this one might be hard to do!, save money, calm my nerves, get Shaun back into ABA and create (finally) some sort of consistency for him...and did I mention, just get through the year?

3 Comments

  1. Your humor is refreshing!! I wish you the very best with these!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your resolutions! And I peeked around at some of your other blog posts and really like your blog. Best wishes to you and your family in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top