1. Kitchenaid! I've mentioned before that this was my birthday gift from my husband and I could not ask for a better gift. I worried once I got it that it would sit and not be used, but I have found more and more ways to use it and it has made me venture outside of my comfort zone a bit with baking. It's inspired me to start making cakes, rolls, breads, etc from scratch and while there have been a few that did not turn out the best, I have found a few new favorites!! I cannot thank my husband enough for this. (Though the homemade bread seemed to be thanks enough for him!)
2. Scentsy! Seriously, if you have not tried Scentsy you should! It is very popular in my area and so I finally gave in to see what the hype was about and I love it. I'll be honest, I have this paranoia that my house will smell funny to other people. You know you get so used to the things you smell every day and don't notice it. So I was always spraying Glade/Febreze/etc and lighting candles when we were going to have company- just in case. (And of course who doesn't love a great smelling house anyway!?) But with an adventurous toddler who likes to climb, well, everything and a mommy who tends to be a bit forgetful...candles are just asking for disaster, right? That's what I love about Scentsy, no candles to worry about, I can burn them 24/7 if I wish and the wax doesn't get scolding hot in case the little man would (and he has) get into it. And there are so many great warmers and scents to choose from. Some of my favorites: Cranberry Mango, Pumpkin Pie, Christmas Cottage, Paradise Punch, Sugar Cookie, Hazelnut Latte, Lucky in Love (but only in the bathroom or truck, it smells just like Love Spell from Victoria's Secret, my favorite!) and so many more!
It was a hard choice to narrow it down to my top 2! There was one more item that was a favorite in 2010 that deserves mention, so as a bonus:
3. Pioneer Woman Cookbook! My most used cookbook of 2010! I absolutely love it and recommend it to everyone. You can check out my reviews of some of the recipes here and here. I've tried several other recipes not mentioned on here as well and everything has been wonderful!
I'm also linking up with Night Owl Crafting for Hoo Are You!?.
1. Did you make any New Year's Revolutions?
Yes, I did! You can read about my Top 2 Resolutions here. I have several other resolutions in mind as well though- getting more creative with Shaun's school lunches, stress less, read more, be a better blogger, etc.
2. What are some goals you have for 2011?
I guess that kind of goes with my resolutions, but a big goal we have is definitely to save money!! The end of 2010 brought a good start so we will continue working on that.
3. What is something that you got for Christmas?
I got so many great things for Christmas this year! A little bit of all of my favorite things! Kitchen things (food chopper, kitchen time, potholders and towels that I love), aprons (including an autism awareness one my sister in law made for me), willow tree figurines, home decor...I'm sure I missed some! The only thing on my list I did not get this year was Scentsy, and I got cash to take care of that!
4. Did you see any good movies over the holiday season?
I watched 'Eat, Pray, Love' with my mom over the holidays! We both really liked it. At first I thought it reminded me a bit of one of my favorites, 'Under The Tuscan Sun', but that quickly changed. Really good!!
I also really enjoyed ABC Family's 'Christmas Cupid'. It was kind of cheesy, but fun!
5. Do you do your own taxes or have someone do them for you?
Have someone else do them!