A Modern Day Fairy Tale

Faith. Family. Fiction. Fun.

My Goals For Motherhood {52 Weeks of Blogging With a Purpose}

This weeks theme in the 52 weeks of Blogging with a Purpose challenge- My Goals for Motherhood was surprisingly a tough one for me...to be honest, I'm not sure I had ever really sat down and truly thought about or set any specific goals as a mom. Oh sure, there are plenty of things I want to accomplish as a mom, I'd just never really put those thoughts into words, or any organized thought even. But after giving it some deep thought (and staring at a blinking cursor for far too long), I was able to come up with a few:

Goal #1: To not pass along my insecurities to my children. I have briefly talked in the past about my struggles with perfectionism and the unrealistic expectations I often put on myself. As a mom, this is something I am working on and will try my best not to pass along to my children- particularly my daughter! Girls seem to be under much more pressure to look a certain way, dress a certain way, be a certain size...all insecurities I have and still deal with, and it is not something I wish for her at all!!

Goal #2: Raise Awareness for Autism and my Son. As many of you reading this probably know already, this is a huge one for me! I will NEVER stop fighting for my son and others on the spectrum. He is brilliant, amazing and my world...and I refuse to stand by and let him be looked down upon or judged because of his diagnosis. I will do everything I can to educate others on Autism and the false stereotypes that go along with it...to show the world that Autism does not make my son stupid, bad or inferior in any way!

Goal #3: To be the best mom I can be. I know there are going to be times that I fall short and not accomplish things that I wish I would have...I may not always cook the best meals, plan the best parties, etc...I may lose my patience and make mistakes, but I will strive to do the very best that I can, learn from those mistakes and try to improve upon them. I may never be a perfect mom, but I will give it 100% regardless.

Goal #4: To make sure my kids know how much I love them. I'm a firm believer that you can NEVER say I love you too much...I probably say it at least 100 times a day...our days start and end with an 'I love you'. I never want my kids to question my love for them. Aside from saying it, I show them as much as I can as well- showering them in hugs and kisses and snuggles as much as they will allow. Too much love? I don't think so!

Goal #5: To have happy kids. Again, I will never be the perfect mom or have it all together 100% of the time...honestly, does anyone? But I will take the time to play with my kids, show them support, help them grow and just be there for them when they need it. They might not always have the newest toys, or the fanciest clothes or even the cleanest faces...but I will do everything I can for them to be happy...and in the end, isn't that the most important thing?

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top