A Modern Day Fairy Tale

Faith. Family. Fiction. Fun.

A Month of Thanksgiving: Days 15-21

Day 15: I'm thankful for progress. I am constantly in awe when I look at and listen to my little man and realize just how very far he has come, even just in recent months. It brings tears to my eyes when I truly think about where he was just a year or two ago today. I treasure our conversations, and while I don't know the first thing about game systems or operating systems, I am happy to talk about them...it wasn't long ago that this seemed like a distant dream. I am beyond proud of my little guy for all he has accomplished.

Day 16: I am thankful to have discovered a store near our house that carries game systems, old and new...to see the light in my little man's eyes when he sees a PS2 or a Nintendo 64...or these other systems that mommy is clueless about, as Shaun should be too since they're way before his time, but that he adores.

Day 17: I'm thankful for the advances in technology that allow us to better prepare for bad weather. Though we were lucky and missed the worst of these horrible storms, I felt better knowing that we were prepared ahead of time, should we have gotten it worse!

Day 18: I'm thankful for Target...and that we have a Target just a little over 5 minutes from our house. (Really, does this need more explanation?) 


Day 19: I'm thankful that our princess seems to be feeling better. Poor girl seems to be a sickly one like her mommy!

Day 20: I'm thankful for lessons learned...and this year we've learned a lot of them. They've been costly- both emotionally and financially, but we've come out smarter and stronger because of them. We've discovered where to draw the line and how not to let people take advantage. They are hard lessons to have to learn, but we're better having learned them.

Day 21: I am thankful to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I won't elaborate too much on that other than to say that Murphy's Law has hit us hard this past year and it's been quite stressful, to say the least. Now it seems that things are finally starting to work out in our favor. Through hard work, dedication and a lot of prayer- I'm hopeful that things will continue to look up and 2014 will be a wonderful year for our family.

1 Comments

  1. I think everyone is thankful for Target! LOL And it is definitely going to sporadically look back and count our blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top